Monday, December 15, 2014

Slough-scapin’ …

     Howdy do!  After havin' our encounter, one of the things that I began to do while bein’ out there in them woods was to photographically document our trips to Caddo Lake.  I am not by any means a professional photographer; as a matter of fact, I damn-near failed my photography classes when I was in art school!  But over the past several years I made a point to stop occasionally, no matter what I was doin’ durin’ my sloughstalkin' to record what-all I was seein’.  I have been truly blessed to witness my share of beautiful sunrises & sunsets while doin’ my time in the grime!  These pics are some of my favorites, are very candid and as best as I can describe, shots I’d simply categorize as slough-scapin’.  The beauty of the swamp has both captivated and mesmerized me since I was a child.  Doin' my time in the grime does have its perks, so I hope y’all will enjoy these!
One peacefully calm mornin' overlookin' Goose Prairie in early spring; a bit too early for topwaters ...
Dawn patrol; early one brisk spring mornin' in 2014 headin' towards Jackson Arm and the Caddo WMA.
Beyond this mirrored cove I would pole for hours through the Cypress knees and into the flooded forest ...
Another mirrored mornin' on Caddo ... headed towards "Old Folks Playground" and the Louisiana line.
Mossy Break lookin' toward Jackson Arm in late March; I used this pic when I created my blog's masthead.

No comments: