Tuesday, October 8, 2013

UPDATE: Bragg Road

     Since my last post concernin’ Bragg Road, I’ve received 3 calls from the folks of Hardin County!  Earlier this afternoon I spoke with County Commissioner Ken Pelt, who filled my ears about the ongoin’ litterin’ and vandalism problems they’ve had out there on the Ghost Road.  I told him that I would be happy to volunteer my time, graphic design and public relation abilities to spark an annual volunteer clean-up effort.  Ken said that he would give my name and number to the folks at the Big Thicket Association … whose annual meetin’ happens to be this Saturday!  So, if those folks get back with me … again, I’ll definitely let y’all know.  I’d be willin’ to spend some time properly organizin’ and promotin’ an event such as this, and would get back out there in a heartbeat if it would help clean up one of our national treasures!  Hey, have truck & trailer … will travel!  Any creative ideas or folks who wanna volunteer would be greatly appreciated!  Y’all can always gimme a shout at oldsloughstalker@gmail.com

No comments: